Thursday, November 19, 2009

11/18 Dear John

My older sister is a huge Nicholas Sparks fan. She has read almost all of the books he has written. I, on the other hand, am not very fond of reading. I feel like I read way too much for school, so I should not read more just for fun! But every now and then, I decide to read a book that I think I might like. About a year ago, my sister suggested one of Nicholas Sparks' novels called Dear John. I finally decided that I would try to read it over the summer :) I started it on my 26 hour road trip to Colorado..yes, I know..it wasn't the greatest thing I've ever done. The trip sucked! But the book was actually very interesting. I ended up reading almost all of it by the time I got back home. This is rare for me because I usually only read when there is absolutely nothing else in the world to do.
This book is a romance novel about a troubled boy who entered the military and came back one summer a completely changed man. He falls in love with a girl who is only in his hometown for a while for charity work. She is the only one that understands him. When he has to leave at the end of the summer, they plan to write letters back and forth until he can return home. Their plan works for a long time, until he decides to re-inlist after everything that happened with 9/11. It becomes to hard for her, and she breaks up with him in a letter. I don't want to explain the rest because I would ruin the ending for anyone reading this, and I wouldn't want to do that because this novel is being made into a movie!! :) I'm so excited about it. I can't wait to see it. John will be played by Channing Tatum..enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment