Saturday, November 14, 2009

11/2 Poetry.

http://poems.com/poem.php?date=14563

The poem that I chose to read is called Robert's Lake. This poem is short and simple. It talks about a small fish caught in a small pond that ended up being part of the family. It uses lots of imagery and symbolism and makes me visualize the events in the poem. The flushing of a dead fish turned into "circled the porcelain vigorously on his way down and out of this
dazzling world.." Another reason I like this poem is because it relates to my life. When I started reading, I
imagined myself in Alabama at my grandparents house fishing in the pond thay have on their
land :) It was one of my favorite things to do back in the day. I don't get to do it much anymore
because as I've gotten older, life has become more complicated and busy. The whole family is
getting older and we all have less time for the simple things in life. Another thing I thought about
while I was reading this poem, was all the times I had to flush my dead fish down the toilet. It
was always sad, but neccessary. I think that poetry has lost a lot of importance in the modern
world. Not as many people care to read or write it anymore. I'm not exactly a huge fan of
poetry, but that is probably because I can't write a poem to save my life :( I wish I could, but
I can't, and it bothers me..

No comments:

Post a Comment