Saturday, November 14, 2009

11/4 freewrite.

Photographs. The one thing that can capture a moment in time and freeze it forever. Have you ever heard the phrase "a pictures worth a thousand words?" If you have, then you probably understand what it means and would agree with the statement. If you haven't, now you have :) There is nothing better than looking back at old photographs you've found while cleaning out the attic, basement, closet, or any other room that was in need of spring cleaning. Photographs bring back memories of old friends and places you've been and also help us remember who we were at that moment in time, whether it was a year ago or thirty years ago.
Many times scrapbooks are made for friends or children as gifts. These can stay with you forever. I have a couple of scrapbooks and I've made one of my own. There was noghting like it. I loved being able to look back on my past and remember all the good memories and experiences that have made me who I am today. I never really thought that I would ever have the oppurtunity to make my own scrapbook, but high school changed that. I had to for a senior project, and I'm really glad I did now. I learned about my parents and their stories about getting married and their stories about me. I found long lost pictures of when I was little and all the friends that have come and gone throughout my life.
Photographs are remarkable. The guy/girl who made it possible for us to make them, is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment